Join our team
Please see below our current vacancies. If you would like to discuss joining our team, please contact HR Manager Mrs White at HR@portregis.com.
This is a key role in our Bursary team with primary responsibility for the school’s purchase ledger. The successful candidate will have proven experience in a similar role, strong communication and teamwork skills and a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
We are seeking to appoint an After School Club Leader to manage our Pre-Prep After School Club provision for children in Nursery (from aged 2 years 9 months) up to Year 2. The successful candidate must have a level 3 early years qualification. You will work closely with the Head of Pre-Prep and Pre-Prep team, providing an exciting and engaging After School Club provision. Applications are invited from candidates who are forward-thinking and bighearted, who model great drive and enthusiasm.
We are ideally looking for a Health Care Assistant with paediatric first aid training and experience of working in a school setting but will consider candidates with other health care training/qualifications and experience. The successful candidate must have a kind, caring and cheerful nature and be able to build strong relationships with our children and health care and boarding staff teams.
We are seeking to appoint a Sports Centre and Boarding Assistant. The role will involve working around 30 hours a week in our Sports Centre, predominantly teaching children’s swimming lessons and lifeguarding, but with some admin too. It will also involve a pastoral role in our Junior Girls Boarding House (for girls in Years 3-6), working alongside the girls’ Houseparents and Housemother to provide a nurturing and caring ‘home from home’ environment for our boarders. This will involve boarding duties 3 nights a week and every other weekend (Saturday lunchtime until Monday morning). Helping with bedtime/morning routines and supporting fun and engaging boarding activities.
We are seeking to appoint one or more swimming teachers to join our team and teach children’s swimming lessons. Please see attached job description for the hours available.
We are looking for a candidate who has:
• A strong foundation in vocal technique with appropriate qualifications.
• The ability to lead and develop singing groups and choirs as well as our support our growing pop and rock bands.
• The ability to work well within a highly professional and dedicated team of musicians/teachers.
• A cheerful personality and the skills and passion to develop the vocal department further.
• Experience of coaching pupils for concert performances and exams and can, where appropriate, support applicants for Music Scholarships to Senior Schools.
• The ability to adapt styles of teaching to suit individual pupils.
• The ability to accompany pupils.
• Performing experience in choirs, orchestra or bands.
• Experience of teaching 6-13 year olds.
• Excellent communication, IT and organisational skills.
We seek a Music Teacher with an inspirational teaching style, excellent communication and organisational skills and an unstinting belief in the benefits of instilling a love of Music and learning in every child. Our Music department facilities are impressive, with a Recital Hall that seats 143, 16 practice rooms, a music classroom and a music technology classroom, as well use of the Centenary Hall for larger productions. We are proud of our exceptional record of successful Music scholarships to senior schools.
Port Regis’ Governing Body, known as the Council of Management, consists of 14 Governors. It has 5 Committees reporting to it, each with its own Chair – Education, Wellbeing, Governance, Finance and Communications.
The primary purpose of the role of the Clerk is to:
• Coordinate and administer the Governing Body’s operations.
• Advise and support the Chair of Governors, the Chairs of the Governing Body’s Committees, the Head and the Bursar.
• Liaise with Governors, key staff and advisors.
• Monitor compliance with all relevant statutory and charity law requirements and best practice.
• Act as Company Secretary and undertake all necessary Charity Commission administration.
• Foster close and supportive working relationships between the Governors, Head, Bursar and Senior Leadership Team. This role is supported by an Assistant Clerk to Governors who assists with a wide range of administrative aspects of the role.
We seek a Modern Foreign Languages Teacher to teach French and/or Spanish up to Year 8. The successful candidate will have an inspirational teaching style, excellent communication and organisational skills and an unstinting belief in the benefits of instilling a love of languages and learning in every child. We welcome interest from teachers with a few years' experience as well as more experienced teachers aspiring to lead the department. There is the potential for this role to come with, or lead to, a Head of MFL post
We are seeking to appoint a Head of Classics. The successful candidate will have an inspirational teaching style, excellent communication and organisational skills and an unstinting belief in the benefits of instilling a love of Classics and learning in every child.
We are seeking to appoint a Gymnastics Coach (or Coaches) who will coach gymnastics for Port Regis pupils and external gym users.
The Gymnastics coach (or coaches) will also be responsible for supporting gymnasts at events and competitions when required; assisting the Head of Gym with coaching squad groups, competition planning and organisation and general administration for the gym.
We are seeking to recruit a lifeguard(s) to work the following hours:
Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 19.00 to 21.00
Fridays from 19.00 – 21.30
Saturdays from 09.30 – 12.00
Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays from 16.00 to 18.00 (on a cover basis – but these shifts regularly become available).
Additional hours can be offered during the day on Mondays to Saturdays if desired by the successful applicant(s).
A lifeguarding qualification is desired but not essential –we can arrange the necessary training and qualification for successful candidates.