Our Aims & EthosSUB MENU
AIMS & ETHOS
Our philosophy at Port Regis is to provide pupils from 3 to 13 years with a first-class, co-educational education that will set them up for the next stage of their schooling and beyond.
- To be a forward thinking, modern school that responds to the ever-changing needs of today’s pupils and parents.
- To provide an outstanding and inspirational academic and extra-curricular education that allows every pupil to reach their full potential.
- To prepare pupils for pre-testing, Common Entrance and for academic scholarship. We strive to foster a strong, independent work ethic and an educational environment where pupils are encouraged to develop their skills, talents and interests to the full.
- To instil in our pupils a life-long love of music, literature and drama and to stimulate an interest and understanding of culture, the visual arts and design technology.
- To offer a wide range of sporting activities from traditional team games to individual pursuits, encouraging participation, regardless of ability, good sporstsmanship and promoting the benefits of a healthy, active lifestyle.
- To provide an excellent pastoral care framework in which all pupils feel valued and respected, encouraging them to develop intellectually and emotionally.
- To provide a safe environment and outstanding boarding facilities, with the security and welfare of all pupils at the core of this.
- As a school we believe in the traditional values of good manners, courtesy, honesty, self-discipline, kindness and respect and tolerance for others at all times.
- To develop pupils who are not only talented, ambitious and high achieving, but who are also generous of spirit, adaptable to the ever-changing world and with a balanced perspective on life.
- To commit to the school’s charitable role within both the local and wider community and to develop responsible citizens.
- To celebrate the achievements of individuals in all areas of school life.
- To provide equal opportunities for all, regardless of age, religion or social circumstance.